Services and Facilities Available
Kirkleatham Memorial Park and Crematorium provides:
- 1 hour service times (to include arrival and departure)
- Chapel – capacity of 100 seats
- Dedicated clergy facilities
- Traditional burial
- Natural burial
- Memorial garden for cremated remains
- Adequate and well laid out car parking with safe access
- Disabled access and hearing loop
- Comfortable furnishings
- Choice of advanced music system or live organ
- Web camera with live streaming capabilities for those friend and family unable to make the service
- Plasma television screens for photo dedication/eulogy
Please note that there are no restrictions on and there is no additional charge for cremations coming from outside the area.
Memoria Ltd pioneered the one hour time slot in 2014 having realised that superb facilities also need to be matched by privacy and a feeling of not being rushed on a tragic conveyor belt. Therefore, all Memoria Memorial Parks offer one hour time slots in order to afford bereaved families the privacy of having the facility to themselves. This allows for a forty minute service time, a ten minute period for the family to thank friends and distant relatives for attending and a further ten minutes to vacate the site. We believe this is essential in the process of helping a family construct a service to be a complete celebration of their loved one’s life.
As a result, we ask mourners attending following services to respect this and not arrive on site until ten minutes before their allotted time slot. For this purpose we deliberately do not provide on site waiting rooms. However, all of our sites provide details on their websites of close by cafes or restaurants where refreshments can be taken and toilet facilities are available. This allows the family attending the current service the consideration of leaving the chapel in privacy, rather than to a sea of unknown faces as is often the case at other crematoria. Click for information about local cafes or restaurants.
The integrated nature of the memorial park proposals allows Kirkleatham Memorial to provide improved infrastructure that would be unaffordable in a cemetery alone, including:
- Safe access to and from the main road
- A warm and comfortable chapel
- Extensive car parking
- Toilet facilities
We utilise the Wesley Media System to provide a wide-ranging choice of popular and classical songs and music. Many of these choices are already held within our music library at the Crematorium, the content of which is available to view on the Wesley Media website.
- Select “Music Library”
- Then select either “Client General Libraries” for popular music recordings, or “Client Hymn Libraries” for our worship music collection,
- Then select “Kirkleatham Crematorium” from the drop down menu, and click “Search”
- Then simply input the title and/or artist to check what we have in our library by clicking “Search” (clicking “View All” displays the full, unfiltered library)
If we do not have your chosen music this must be booked in advance of the service, by your funeral director.
We can also provide a recording of the complete service on CD, or with visuals on a DV Disc.
We can also provide a web-cast of proceedings which enables those unable to attend in person due to distance or illness to view the service via the internet.