Most Popular Funeral Music
Music has always played an important part in funeral and memorial services. Today, perhaps, more than ever as services are increasingly about celebrating a life. So, while hymns remain important, they are today joined more and more by favourite personal choices of either classical pieces or popular songs that perhaps evoke happy memories.
Here are a selection of the most popular choices played at Kirkleatham Memorial Park & Crematorium:
- Cavalleria rusticana – Pietro Mascagni
- Canon in D – Johann Pachelbel
- Nimrod – Edward Elgar
- Adagio for strings – Samuel Barber
- Cavatina – John Williams
- Time To Say Goodbye – Andrea Bocelli/Sarah Brightman
- My Way – Frank Sinatra
- We’ll Meet Again – Vera Lynn
- Moonlight Serenade – Glen Miller
- Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life – Monty Python
- The Lord’s My Shepherd
- Abide With Me
- All Things Bright & Beautiful
- Eternal Father, Strong To Save
- How Great Thou Art
We regularly publish our “Chapel Attendant’s Choice” to our Facebook page, why not take a look and have a listen:
We utilise the Wesley media system to provide a wide-ranging choice of popular and classical songs and music. Many of these choices are already held within our music library at the Crematorium, the content of which is available to view on the Wesley Media website.
- Select “Music Library”
- Then select either “Client General Libraries” for popular music recordings, or “Client Hymn Libraries” for our worship music collection,
- Then select “Kirkleatham Crematorium” from the drop down menu, and click “Search”
- Then simply input the title and/or artist to check what we have in our library by clicking “Search” (clicking “View All” displays the full, unfiltered library)
If we do not have your chosen music this must be booked in advance of the service, by your funeral director.
We can also provide a recording of the complete service on CD, or with visuals on a DV Disc.